When you take care of your Tin Roof Cutting Board, it is likely that your grandchildren will be using it. Our boards become more and more attractive with age when cared for properly.
- Hand wash with soap and water. Air dry on both sides.
- Do not submerge in water.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- To sanitize wooden cutting board, wash with a cloth or sponge soaked in white distilled vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water. Air dry.
- Tin Roof Cutting Boards require a regular rub with food grade mineral oil to keep from drying out. Use a soft cloth to evenly rub mineral oil into your clean wooden cutting board. Allow the oil to soak into the board for 5-10 minutes. Remove excess surface oil with a clean dry cloth.
- Store board on its side to allow the moisture levels to even out.
- Be sure to use both sides of your cutting board. Using one side will cause moisture to soak into one side of the board, but not the other.